Making Bird Feeders
Today, the Eco Warriors from year 5 discovered how to make bird feeders.
If you would like to try this at home, here are the instructions:
What you need:
- Bird Seed
- Cheese/nuts (optional)
- Yoghurt pots
- Pierce the bottom of the yoghurt pot to make a small whole and thread a piece of string through.
- Tie a knot in the string inside of the yoghurt pot (so that you can hang it on trees).
- Make sure the lard is at room temperature, add the ingredients together and mix well (it will feel very greasy).
- Spoon the mixture into yoghurt pots.
- Put in the fridge to chill for about two hours.
By Lorien, Rachel, Adam, Oliver K, Oliver H and Martha (year 5 Eco Warriors).