PE & Sports Premium
Sport’s Premium Statement
Each year, since 2013, the Government has provided funding for schools to improve the provision of physical education (PE) and sport in primary schools. The funding is provided jointly by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport. This money is ring-fenced and can only be spent on the provision of PE and sport in schools.
Possible uses for the Sport’s Premium Funding might include:
- Hiring specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work with primary teachers when teaching PE
- Supporting and engaging the least active children through new clubs
- Paying for professional development opportunities for teachers in PE and sport
- Running sports competitions, or increasing pupils’ participation in the School Games
- Buying quality assured professional development modules or materials for PE and sport
- Providing places for pupils on after school sports clubs and holiday clubs
- Pooling the additional funding with that of other local schools
St Chad’s Sport’s Premium Strategy 2018-9.
St Chad’s Sport’s Premium Strategy 2017-18.